China University of Geosciences
Application Guide for
Silk Road Scholarship Program
Chinese Government Scholarship-Silk Road Scholarship Program is a full scholarship established by Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to attract outstanding international students from Belt and Road Countries to study in China. CUG is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit undergraduate students for studying Bachelor Programs.
1. Applicants must be a citizen along Belt and Road (other than the People’s Republic of China), and be in good health
2. Applicants should be a high school diploma holder under the age of 25 when applying for Bachelor’s programs
3. This scholarship program only supports Chinese-taught bachelor program Applicants must pass HSK3
Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
This program provides full scholarship and partial scholarship.
1. Tuition waiver;
2. Free on-campus accommodation;
3. Living allowance (2500RMB / per month);
4. Comprehensive medical insurance.
1. Free on-campus accommodation;
2. Living allowance (2500RMB / per month);
3. Comprehensive medical insurance.
This Program only supports Bachelor Programs related to Science, Engineering, Economics and Management.
1. Visit CSC Online Application System (https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login) and log in.
2. Choose Type B, fill in the CUG agency code 10491.
3. Fill out the application form, submit all the required documents to the CSC website.
Note: Hard copies are not accepted by CUG.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled in Chinese or English);
2. Notarized highest diploma (photocopy, notarized in Chinese or English);
3. Notarized complete transcripts of each semester of high school (notarized in Chinese or English); Scores of an internationally recognized standardized test / university entrance exam (Such as the SAT/ACT/A-Level/AP/IB, etc)
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal with a minimum of 200 words (in Chinese or English);
5. A self-introduction video (in Chinese or English, 3-5minutes);
6. Two Recommendation Letters from high school teachers (in Chinese or English);
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form with blood test result valid in half a year (photocopy);
8. Valid passport photocopy (2 copies);
9. One clear soft copy of your photo (uploaded on CSC system);
10. Certificate of Non-Criminal Record;
11. Applicants under age 18 （until sep.2021）must submit GUARDIAN’S LETTER OF GUANRANTEE in China.
12. Valid HSK Certificate (required); TOFEL/IELTS Certificate( if available );
13. Other additional documents (e.g. Supervisor’s Recommendation Form for Excellent International Students, award certificates, papers, publications).
1. Applicants without HSK3 will not have the qualification to apply for this program. Applicants with HSK3 but could not reach HSK4 (score 200 or above) or HSK5 (required by majors related to management) must study Chinese for one year in one of the preparatory universities designated by CSC and pass the Final Exam before entering to major study.
2. Applicants who provide valid TOEFL (80 or above) or IELTS (6.0 or above) certificates are preferred.
December15th 2020 - March15th 2021
Approval & Notification
The university will review the application documents and decide the nominated candidates before the end of May. The list of nominated candidates will be sent to the CSC for the final review and approval. Before the end of July, Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) will be sent out from the university to the approved scholarship winners.
1. Incomplete, inauthentic materials and majors which are unavailable at our university or not supported by this scholarship program will not be considered.
2. All the documents should be in Chinese or English and should be uploaded onto the CSC website.
3. The highest diploma and academic transcripts must be notarized in Chinese or English.
4. Admission documents will be sent to the permanent address written on the application form. Please make sure that the contact information is valid and accurate. The mailing address with P.O.Box is NOT accepted.
Admissions Office of International Education College, China University of Geosciences 388 Lumo Road, Wuhan, Hubei, P. R. China
Mr. Hu / Ms. Wu
Tel: +86-27-6788 3283
Address: 388 Lumo Road,Wuhan,Hubei P.R.China
Post Code: 430074
Tel: +86-27-6788 3283