Application Guide for Pre-admission Letter of 2021 Chinese Government Scholarship- Bilateral Program
Chinese Government Scholarship- Bilateral Program (CGS-BP) is a full or partial scholarship in accordance with the educational exchange agreements or consensus between the Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities or international organizations. Applicants shall apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study of their home countries.
CGS-BP supports undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars (http://www.campuschina.org/content/details3_74775.html ).
January 1st to April 1st
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship
2. Highest diploma certificate, or a proof of student status in your current university
3. Academic transcript
4. Study plan or research proposal
5. HSK certificate or English Language proficiency certificate (optional)
6. Other additional documents such as awards, publications, papers published
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months) filled in English.
8. China University of Geosciences (Wuhan) Supervisor’s Recommendation Form for Excellent International Students (you can download from http://iec.cug.edu.cn/info/1116/1299.htm) (Required for students who apply for the Master and PhD programs)
1. Contact CUG admission Office and apply for Pre-Admission Notice: 1) soft copies: Send your documents to CUG admission Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org; please indicate the email subject (For example: email subject--” Request for pre-admission letter from XXX, Pakistan”) 2) hard copies: prepare the required documents according to the above order with an envelope (For example: “ Request for pre-admission letter from XXX, Pakistan”)
2. Submit the pre-admission notice and related application materials to Chinese embassy in your country in order to obtain the recommended qualifications;
3. Visit http://www.campuschina.org. Click the "online registration student entrance" icon to enter, fill out the online application information and submit it, and then print "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form". The "Agency Number" should be consulted and requested by Chinese embassy in your country.
4. Post all application documents to China's embassy or dispatching departments in your country before the deadline.
Pre-admission Letter is issued to applicants who are applying for financial supports from sources except universities, such as the scholarship from applicants’ government, embassy or other institutions under the Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program (CGS-BP), to help guarantee the chances. Students who get pre-admission letter could submit it with your other documents when applying to your government or embassy.
But if you are applying for Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program (CGS-CUP) or Silk Road Scholarship Program (which means you apply for scholarship directly from our university), there is no need to obtain the pre-admission letter as it will not guarantee your chance in getting the scholarship.
Website: http://www.cug.edu.cn/ http://iec.cug.edu.cn/
Address: International Education College of China University of Geosciences
Address: 388 Lumo Road,Wuhan,Hubei P.R.China
Post Code: 430074
Tel: +86-27-6788 3283